Monday, May 3, 2010

Magnificent Ride


My life long dream of owning a minivan has finally come true. We traded in our 2004 Honda Accord for this awesome 2008 Kia Sedona. I'm sorry if you feel like our family is too cool for your family now. Please, don't be jealous.

People really turn their heads when they see us rolling down the street. It's a little awkward having all this attention now, but I think I can get used to it. We're kind of like celebrities in Stockton now that we are cruising around in such a magnificent ride.

Now if only I had the courage to drive it. In all seriousness guys, I am still not driving! As most of you know, I was in a pretty awful car accident right after I got my permit. I was a passenger, but still. It has scarred me from driving pretty much ever since.

When we first got married Anthony suggested I drive to the grocery store down the street. I drove there with him dictating my every move per my request. I even drove home, then hyperventilated in the driveway. He has never asked me to drive again, but our goal for this summer is to Get Momma Driving. I have two kids. It's time. It's been time.

So, please keep me in your prayers as I get over my fear and get back behind the wheel. Really, though I'm kind of excited to drive a minivan. Soccer moms are hot.

P.S. Here is an x-ray picture of my arm after the previously mentioned car accident. Please, don't be distracted by my underwire
.

7 comments:

Busy mama said...

You can do it! You just have to have a plan in place of what you will think about when you start to panic. As long as you have something very specific to think about when you feel like panicing, then you will be successful! I know that you can do it. If you can give birth to two beautiful babies, you can drive.

kali said...

Thanks Jana! I need all the encouragement I can get!

Kira said...

Sweet ride, Kali! I am super jealous... I miss my minivan!

You're a strong girl, you can drive a minivan! Just imagine the smiles on your sweet boys' faces as they bounce in their seats singing along with you down the road!

Tiffani said...

Nice! I personally don't want a minivan but I see the appeal with doors that can't damage nearby parked cars and oh the storage space...maybe I a, jealous!

Mommy Madness said...

I LOVE having a minivan, but I can't wait to have a newer one someday. (Ours is a hand-me-down.) I actually know of several people who don't drive because of something traumatic that happened when they first started driving. Have you ever asked for a blessing for this specific issue?

Jesse, Trista and Jaiden Wright said...

OH I am so jealous! I want a minivan too!!!! Your family is too cool for mine! lol

Annie Macias said...

I AM jealous!! You go girl! Trust me, being a passenger is way more scary! Just ask Christian: he has to hear me yappin' at him and panicking from the backseat all the time!