Here I am about an hour before meeting Harper.
Here I am after one heck of an hour...
and enjoying the moment every mommy dreams of for nine months,
snuggling my sweet, cuddly baby for the first time.
I have such happy memories of that day.
Can't believe it's already been two years.
And a note for the birthday boy:
Two years ago yesterday, you joined our family. You were carefully planned and much anticipated. I couldn’t wait to meet you, to look into your eyes, to hold you, to kiss you, and to watch you grow.
What would our family have done without you, these last two years? You have taught us so much.
First, you taught me that I could survive on less than three hours of sleep for days in a row. You taught your dad that he can't take his eyes off you boys for more than 2 seconds. You taught your brother to share, to love, and to protect.
Your wonderful spirit is much needed in our home. Here are some of the things that make you so special:
- You have very good manners and have the sweetest little thank yous I've ever heard.
- You absolutely love to snuggle. Any time, day or night. I melt a little every time you climb into my lap, lay your head on my shoulder, and wrap those pudgy arms around me.
- You love hats! You have several, and make sure to put one on almost every time we leave the house.
- You love going to the basketball gym with daddy, and you love when he tickles you.
- You love to play (and get into trouble with Landon). You two are best friends and follow each other every where.
- You especially love playing cars and throwing balls.
- You love climbing on the counter tops and sneaking food (especially chocolate chips)
- You take all the DVDs out of the entertainment center at least four times a day.
- Your favorite shows right now are Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse Club, and "Do" (Scooby Doo)
- You love blowing bubbles and helping mommy make cookies.
- You love reading Daddy's Winning Hoops magazines. When things are too quiet, I often find you in my bed flipping through the pages and pointing out every ball and basketball hoop.
- You love building "castles" with Landon out of every blanket pillow, and sofa cushion in the house, then jumping on it or hiding under it.
- You loooove books. You ask for "one more" until we've read 14 stories before bed, and sometimes even ask to sleep with one. Some kids sleep with a stuffed animal or blanket, but you sleep with a book in your arms.
- You have unusually soft and silky skin. I'm hoping it's awhile before grow out of that sweet, baby-like softness.
- You love gulping down daddy's Dr. Pepper when no one is looking.
- You dislike when mommy or daddy leaves.
- You also dislike bedtime and wearing a tie.
- But mostly, you love everything. You are so easy-going, for which I am grateful.