Thursday, June 17, 2010

Screamer





When I was a kid, I was a screamer. If I was angry, I screamed. If I was happy or excited, I screamed. Not just any scream, it was an ear piercing, brain splitting shriek.

My mom grew up in Stockton, California where I am living (much to her dismay). As a result of living in one of the most dangerous cities in the United States, she is super-duper, over the top paranoid. Even though I mostly grew up in the small family town of Logan, Utah, she was always afraid we would get kidnapped, raped, murdered, sold into slavery, etc.

BUT, she worried the least about me. She said all I'd have to do is scream, and the kid-snatcher would throw me back.

Unfortunately, Harper David inherited my scream. 99% of the time, he's chill, joyful even, but right now he is teething (and biting, I might add). Harper will be totally fine and then scream that ear piercing, brain splitting shrieeek, my parents are so familiar with. It's disturbing. Sorry mom and dad! Good thing I was the perfect child in every other way, right?

p.s. Thanks Monica for taking these photos of Harper yesterday!