Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Silly Landon


Landon has been cracking me up all day today, so I need to journal it in.

He was jumping into piles of laundry (freshly folded...ugh!). But he was jumping and saying, "I'm so happy! I'm so happy!" over and over. Who would I be to take that from him? Yes, an evil ogre.

Then, as we were getting ready to go to Daddy's basketball game, he went to pick out shoes for himself and shoes for Harper. In the process, he found newborn shoes and said, "Look, Mommy. Tiny baby shoes. I wanna put shoes on a little baby." I said, "Oh, well, we don't have a little baby anymore." Out of curiosity, I asked, "Do you want another baby?"

"Yes!" he said.

"Would you want a brother or sister?" I asked.

"A sister." he said firmly.

"A boy or a girl?" I tested him.

"Girl."

Woah.

Then we were saying family prayer and Harper happened to unfold his arms. Landon screamed, "Harper. Noooo! We're saying a prayer!"
Way to keep it reverent.

We got Landon the huge Buzz Lightyear on Saturday. It's a "thinking toy", so he interacts when you speak to him. It's hilarious because Landon totally thinks he's alive. He'll keep a ten minute conversation going with him, and even tells me to be quiet when Buzz is "sleeping".

This is getting long winded, but on Oprah today, there was a family who lost all three of their children, ages 5, 4, and 2 in a car accident. It really made me think. A car almost hit us yesterday. I am so thankful that it didn't, but realize that our lives can change in an instant. I am so thankful for my boys. I'm thankful that I'm home with them, and even though it can be so hard and so exhausting, I get to be here for all the cute things they say, and the funny things they do. I can pick them up and snuggle or smooch them, wipe their tears when they're hurt, stay in my pj's and play catch for half the morning, just because. I love them so much. Yes, even when they're tossing my folded laundry around... gotta go!

4 comments:

simplybecky said...

Kali, this was absolutely adorable to read. I don't need to tell you how lucky you are to have such adorable kids... I know you already know :)

Jana said...

I can't wait for the cute things lily is going to say - for now her favorite thing to say is "itsabop" not sure what it means, but we love it. we are so blessed to get to be mothers to such wonderful children!

Kira said...

Kali, your boys are so absolutely adorable! I love looking at pictures of them. I love your new header, what a great family picture!

So now that Landon has voiced his request for a little sister, are there any plans in the making? ;)

Casey said...

I have to ask where did you get the buzz thinking toy? my son would love one!