Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dreaming of...

This is my living-dining area. It was when we first moved in, so the walls are now adorned with framed pictures, but the rest is still pretty... blah. I love my obnoxious sectional, but a friend came over not long ago, and said, "You really need to cover these pillows."

The yellow ones are pier1, and I liked the striped ones because they have a nautical feel. But, let's face it, I just can't afford super fab pillows, and with 2 of my own kids 24/7, and 4 other kids in my care 40+ hours a week, I don't have much time to sew.

I don't know if it was the look on my face that prompted her to say, "Well, they're not total eye sores."

I think we all know how you feel now (we, as in me and my pillows).

Well, well, Christmas is coming and maybe if I'm really good Santa will get me some of these babies:


Pillows

Or maybe I'll just get some time to cover those old "eye sores".

While your at it, Santa, I'd really like a new dining set too. My "thrifted" dining chairs keep poking me in the bum because pins stick out of the cushions.Ikea Dining
This table and chair set from Ikea is only $310! Please, Santa, pleeeeeaase!

One of these rugs from Anthropology would be nice to cover my bare carpet too.
rugs
Okay, I'm done!

6 comments:

Amy and David Ziehl said...

If I was Santa in your house I would totally hook a sista up! They are all soooo cute!!!

Mommy Madness said...

I'm always asking Santa for things to make my home look better or be more functional, too. Is that just a woman thing?

EllieandEvasMommy said...

Awww, don't feel bad about the things you have! We started out with an AWFUL sofa/loveseat combo that someone was just dropping off at Goodwill and we happened to catch him and convince him to let us take it instead. Think shiny, dingy, cream-colored Grandma's nightmare, and you'd be right on! Our apartment still is not decorated exactly as I'd like, but hey-- you do what you can. I like your place, it's vintage :)

Dana said...

I've heard a rumor that my personal Santa is kind of suffering financially this year, so anyone who expects gifts from him should think otherwise. :p Fortunately, my parent's Santa is still in full operating condition.

Good luck with your pillows.... and... area rug? I seem to remember something about an area rug that I never got to pick up cause you moved too dang fast. LoL

Hope to see you sometime!

Emily said...

you are so naturally talented. I love your style and all your ideas and whatchamacallits~
grouping/palettes/idea posts. (The pictures you collect and bring together!) Hopefully you understand what I mean. How do you create them? It would be a fun way to make a wish list.

Okay I mind is blurry... nap time!

Oh, and just remember its perfectly fine to collect one special item at a time. Or we can set up a sewing party!

<3

Sarah said...

I love all of it! You have the best style in everything!